Day 99: Monday, July 18, 2011

49 miles into River Village RV, Riggins, Idaho
Wow, what a difference a couple of days rest makes.  I still had about 1000 feet to climb before getting to the top of the pass.  With the rest, and an early start, this climb was much easier.  Climbing at the end of the day is always more difficult for me due to fatigue and heat.  Once I got to the top, I had a nice long downhill to get into the RV park.  Fortunately, Bob and Vincent passed me on the route and I was able to fill up on water.  We had not planned that meeting because I was on a different route much of the way.  They must have left a bit later and that worked well for me as I think I would have run out of water otherwise.  The town I had planned to fill up in is closed on Mondays.  The Salmon River is beautiful and there is lots of recreational activity. There are sandy beaches, much like the ocean, along the banks.  Looks like great swimming.

My savior

Sandy beaches on the Salmon River

River rafters on the Salmon River



No comments:

Post a Comment