Day 105: Sunday, July 24, 2011

55 miles to Austin Junction, Oregon
Up and over two passes today: Sumpter Pass (5082 feet) and Tipton Pass (5124 feet).  Tipton was tough because I had already bicycled about 43 miles and it was 96 degrees according to the key ring thermometer that I have on my bicycle.  The heat makes me very tired, so I pulled over to some shade on the road and slept for about 15 minutes.  I could have slept longer, but the flies wouldn’t leave me alone.  There are only 4 more passes to get over the Cascade Mountains and then about 80 miles to the coast from Eugene.

Powder River Recreation Area, East Oregon


1 comment:

  1. Yet another incredible report on your journey. I've taken to reading the updates aloud to my husband, who has just started taking his bicycling more seriously. Thanks for the great updates!

    ReplyDelete