Day 92: Sunday, July 10, 2011

58 miles into Travellers Rest Cabins and RV Park, Darby, MT
The winds were relatively calm today and the climb through Chief Joseph Pass was much easier than coming through Badger and Big Hole Passes on Friday.  Plus, we had a 14 mile downhill after we reached the top of the pass.  I met Mark about a mile from the top.  I thought I had 3 miles to go, so it was great news when he told me there was only a mile left.  We stopped in Sula for lunch and there were 4 other bicyclists going West. They were just headed out, so we didn’t meet them.  I finally saw a yellow-headed blackbird.  Bob had seen them in Lander and was never able to get a photo.  I am still trying to get a photo of a red-winged blackbird, but they don’t sit still for long.






1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! MAN, you guys were YOUNG when you tied the knot. I am really enjoying watching your progress and am in total awe of your adventure.
    Margi

    ReplyDelete