Day 96: Thursday, July 14, 2011

78 miles into Three Rivers RV Camp, Lowell, Idaho
Now I know why the East-bound riders talk about crossing LoLo Pass.  They have an 80 mile climb to get to the top of the pass.  Ergo, I had virtually a 78-mile ride downhill today.  I didn’t even have to pedal for the first 5 miles.  Vincent was too tired to bicycle today which was too bad because the ride was truly beautiful.  I biked along the Lochsa  (pronounced Lock-saw) river all day.  I saw kayakers, rafters, and floaters on the river.  Unfortunately, I also saw a partially submerged van in the river.  I must say it was a very disturbing site.  I had heard at one of my rest stops that there was an accident up ahead that involved a truck and a car.  No one seemed to know the details.  I am certainly glad I did not bicycle past any earlier.   Bob and Vincent met me at 2 of the rest stops since there were no services for 66 miles.  It’s always good to see Bob during the ride.  Needless to say, I couldn’t have done this without his support.  He’s been great throughout.  






Lochsa River, Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment