Day 100: Tuesday, July 19, 2011

23 miles to about 12 miles North of New Meadows, Idaho
I had planned to bicycle to New Meadows, but US 95 became very narrow, windy and lost the shoulder.  At one point, I nearly fall off of my bike because of a truck passing so closely.  I decided it was too dangerous to bicycle, so I pulled off at a pull-out and waited for Bob.  He came by about an hour later.  As it turns out, the road opened up about 4 to 5 miles later, but I couldn’t tell from reading the road condition notes on the map.
On a different note, one of the campers at the RV camp had a pet lynx.  I have included a photo of it in the album.  It was a bit spooky looking at it, even with the leash on.


Roadside waterfall on US 95 between Riggins and New Meadows, Idaho

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I took a look at the Lynx. He looks like he has a beard! Looks so close to a cat, a domestic cat!

    Cathy Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynx are my favorite wild cat! That is so cool, but pretty stupid dangerous.. Lynx kill their owners all the time and pretty much can not be domesticated...hopefully they keep him on a leash at all times lol

    ReplyDelete