Days 59 and 60 Tuesday, June 7, and Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pubelo KOA Kampground
We drove to Pueblo, then decided to spend a couple of days planning, organizing, sightseeing and having Vincent’s bicycle looked at again.  He has continued to have problems with the deraileuir and the wrap on his handle bars came off.  They worked on the derailleur, but if it doesn’t work any better, it may need to be replaced.  We’ll see how it works over the next several days.  We plan to visit a high school of Vincent’s soon, so could have it looked at again if necessary. 
On an entirely different note, I have been taking care of some of my food obsessions while we are here.  We drove up to Colorado Springs so I could get Costco’s dried blueberries.  My breakfast of choice is Old Wessex Scottish-Style Porridge Oats with blueberries.  After I ran out of the Costco berries, I tried a different brand, but they weren’t nearly as good.  Colorado Springs is huge and has every retail establishment you can think of.  We stopped at the Whole Foods (the place I get the oats), but alas, they didn’t have the Scottish-Style oats.  Fortunately, I still have 6 containers left (I brought 20 with me!). 
We picked up a box of Lemon Cookies, at WalMart,  that reminded me of the old Nabisco Lemon Coolers I used to love years ago.  The cookies are distributed by Niche Foods, LLC.  Turns out this company is dedicated to bringing back “Old Time Favorites.”   They have faithfully recreated the lemon cookies and I certainly hope I will be able to find them once I get back to Maryland, although I certainly won’t be able to eat like I can now unless I continue to bicycle 30 to 50 miles a day.
We walked around the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo and the Union Avenue Historic District while we waited for the bicycle.

Arkansas River at the end of the riverwalk in downtown Pueblo, CO.
"Walks Among the Stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment