Day 56: Saturday, June 4, 2011

54 miles from Ness City to just outside Scott City, Kansas
No doubt about it!  The wind is much harder for me to deal with than the mountains.  It was relentless today and never stopped for a minute.  I felt like I had gone 6 rounds in the ring as a punching bag.  So bad, that today was the first day I have walked my bicycle-for several miles- on relatively flat land, for goodness sake!  BTW, one of the women I met yesterday said she has lived in Kansas all of her life and she still curses the wind. 
A couple of Tylenol, a hot shower, and a good night’s rest and all will be better.  Even so, a day off to visit the Cuartelejo Pubelo Ruins about 20 miles north of here sounds like a great idea for tomorrow.  

Art on the trail just outside Ness City, KS
Re-learning history
Whimsical art on the trail

BAK Tent City, Soctt City, KS

No comments:

Post a Comment