Day 67: Wednesday, June 15, 2011

24 miles to Granby, CO
When we left on this trip, I had no idea where I would spend my 60th birthday.  As it turns out, it couldn’t have been better if we had planned it.  We bicycled 24 miles to an intersection on the trail, 7miles northeast of Hot Sulphur Springs.  Bob picked us up about 2:00 and we went straight to the Springs.  I had a facial, with hand, foot and neck massage. We spent hours in the Springs relaxing.  It would be great if we had hot springs every night after bicycling.  When we got back to the trailer I finished off the old-fashioned banana pudding that we made the other day.  Bob makes it every year for my birthday and we did it together this year because he was worried about not having a double-boiler.  We are going to spend tomorrow at the campsite, exploring the Arapaho National Recreation Area and Rocky Mountain National Park.

Byers Canyon, Grand County, CO


4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! LOVE you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cathie, you really had the star treatment! I'm so glad. You all look wonderful and happy. It sounds like a great birthday. Bob, you can make me banana pudding any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! We were wondering how the birthday was going to play out on the road... Looks like time and place worked out beautifully :-D
    Happy Birthday from both of us (Bronnie thinks that is so cool... :)

    ReplyDelete