Day 14: Saturday, April 23, 2011

66 miles to Christiansburg, VA
Today we passed two milestones.  There are 12 maps for the TransAmerica Trial.  Each map has about 10 mini maps on it with varying mileage. Today we finished the first full map and we will start the next map tomorrow.  Because we are going East to West, our maps started with the highest numbers, so we start map 11 next time we ride.  The second milestone is that we met our first self-contained bicyclist riding the trail.  He is also riding East to West and is carrying 75 pounds of supplies.  He is taking his time and hopefully, we will see him again.  Next time we cross paths, I will see if we can get a picture to post. 

It was a rough climb into Christiansburg, I thought I was going to puke my guts out.  But I made it, without walking!  I’ve never been so happy to see the golden arches.  Sweet tea for all!

5 comments:

  1. Climb, Cathie, climb!
    Imagine hauling 75 lbs of gear...
    Happy Easter...hope there's some good chocolate along the way.
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to wish you a happy (warm, calm and dry) Easter. The weather here has been cold and rainy. Hope your's has been better. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! You all are doing great..looks like so much fun, wish I could be there with you. Have a happy Easter. I miss you guys and I am thinking of you. Love, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see pictures of you guys on your journey! Everyone looks happy and healthy and it alleviates my worries about the weather stuff! :)

    hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathie, Bob and Vincent,

    Kevin just showed me how to do this. I'm so proud of you all. Cathie, you go girl, as the young kids say! You toughed it out and made it without walking! Your pictures are amazing. I've really enjoyed going along on your adventure with you.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete